5 Gifts for Cooks Living a Healthy Lifestyle
As the holidays are approaching shopping for gifts becomes more and more of a priority. Everyone has… [more]
Essential Oils Guide – 120 Uses for the Everyday Oils Collection
Essential Oils Guide The Everyday Oils Kit was created by Young Living Essential Oils (YLEO) so that… [more]
5 Healthy Gifts for Travelers
The holiday season can be a stressful time, organizing, prepping, decorating and also searching for the… [more]
The gym, while functional, can get boring at times. Day in and day out, people flock to gyms all over the United States to take part in their daily workouts. From time to time, many people find the gym dull which can lead to not working out and a lack of fun in fitness. A change of scenery may be just what you need if you’re not in the mood for a people packed, sweat smelling, iron pumping gym.
Check out these five inspiring workout spots to lift your spirits and re-invigorate your workout surroundings.
1. Beach – Enjoy the scenery of the beautiful ocean and the cushion of the sand on your joints. The beach can provide a perfect alternative for working out as you can burn up to 50% more calories just by getting your power walk in on the soft sand. If you’re used to hitting the pavement for your morning runs, the sand will provide a soft cushion for your feet resulting in an impact that isn’t quite as harsh. Great for walking, running, yoga, power workouts and more, the beach is good for the body and mind.
2. Mountains – Equally as impressive as the beach, the mountains provide a source of fresh, clean air mixed with amazing views. Strong and expansive, working out up top challenges your fitness to the next level in higher altitudes. Hiking, mountain biking, yoga and more can be done. Even if you can’t or don’t feel comfortable heading up high, mountain views can be just as wonderful. Find a field or yard with views of the snow capped mountains and you’ll feel instantly refreshed.
3. Garden – The quiet, serene environment of a garden is great for yoga, stretching, Pilates and meditation. The aromas of fresh flowers and plants mixed with beautiful colors can put you in the perfect mood to get into your yoga practice. Take in the beautiful scenery and appreciate the moment while you take a few deep breaths and let all of your stress leave your body.
4. Pool – Water tends to have a calming effect on people. Pools are perfect for workouts in and out of the water. Set up your workout station right next to the pool and enjoy a fresh air workout with the water right next to you. After the workout, a dip in the pool will feel cool and refreshing. If you’re a water baby, take your workout in the pool. Jumping jacks, squats, running and lunges are all challenging and impact free in the water.
5. City View – Sometimes it’s the strength of a city that can be motivating. City views while working out provide a running movie to watch. The hustle and bustle of cars and people can take your mind off of working out making the time appear to move at lightening speeds. Enjoy the architecture of buildings, colors of people’s clothing and the energy of life in motion. To get a city view, you’ll need to head to a roof top deck or a space with windows.
Mixing it up is important to maintain your interest in fitness. Sometimes it’s not about the workout but rather the surroundings. A simple change even for just one day can be enough to re-invigorate your workout interest and have you wanting more. When the weather is nice, take advantage of the outdoors. Incorporate one new space each week just to make sure you’re keeping it fresh.
Where is your favorite place to work out?
As the holidays are approaching shopping for gifts becomes more and more of a priority. Everyone has friends and family that they have to shop for and there is always a cook in the mix. You know the type. They are always preparing delicious meals around the holiday season and is the person to bring […]
Lemon essential oils are great for cleaning your home. You can use lemon essential oil to remove gum, oil crayon and grease stains. Watch the video below to learn how. What’s the best way to have the cleaning and deodorizing power of lemon without the mess? The easiest way to get the many benefits of […]
The Aloe Vera plant thrives in the tropical climates of both Africa and Asia. It is an essential ingredient in many herbal remedies. What helps to make it so beneficial for herbal remedies is that it has over two hundred active components that include minerals, amino acids, fatty-acids, minerals, etc. The bulk of the leaf […]
Healthy Weight Loss
When trying to lose weight fast, no matter what diet a person may be on, all diet programs should include drinking plenty of water. This not only helps to suppress the appetite, but also helps to rid the body of fat cells that are being broken down while dieting and keeps the body hydrated. Drinking […]
It’s that time of year when cold weather is kicking in and nothing is better on a cold day than a good bowl of soup. Here is a delicious soul satisfying Navy Bean Soup recipe that hubby cooked for us this evening and it really hit the spot. Print Navy Bean Soup Recipe Ingredients1 carrot, […]
This weekend I had the pleasure of attending a mini blogging boot camp in Baltimore hosted by SitGirls. It was an evening filled with blogging tips, networking with local bloggers and a wine tasting provided by Mirassou Winery. I enjoy wine every now and then but this was my first formal wine tasting event. Take […]