Healthy eating is a huge part of weight management and living a healthy lifestyle. Incorporating smoothies is a easy and fun way to ensure that you get enough fruits and vegetables every day.
What should be included in a healthy smoothie?
What you include in your smoothie is up to you and depends on your taste preferences and dietary restrictions. I love to include lots of green vegetables in my smoothies, like kale, spinach and brocolli along with bananas, mangoes and pineapples to add a little flavor. My husband who is diabetic adds lots of green veggies in his smoothies as well but must watch his sugar intake so he goes easy on fruit which contains a high sugar content. He opts for blueberries, strawberries and raspberries which are sweet yet are low on the Glycemic index. They are packed with antioxidants too!
Chia seeds are a superfood which I always add to my smoothies. They are packed full of nutritional goodness, and are good for muscle building, full of Omega 3 and are great when you need an energy boost.
Nuts and natural nut butter. They are high in healthy fats, fiber, and magnesium. They are a source of proteins and make you feel fuller for a longer period, especially if you want to lose weight. For a creamy and flavored smoothie, ensure you add natural nut butter such as peanut butter or almond, or whole raw nuts.
Citrus fruits such as oranges, limes, lemons, and grapefruits are another great ingredient for smoothies. For benefits in high fiber content, use whole fruits instead of juices. Young Living has a great Vitality Line of citrus essential oils that can be added to smoothies. To learn more about the oils in the collection and their many benefits for wellness click here.
Want to get started? Break out the blender and try some of the smoothies listed below. They are packed with yumminess and low in sugar too.
1. Acai Superfood Smoothie
2. Mixed Berry Smoothie
3. Goji Berry Smoothie Recipe
4. Detox Cranberry Smoothie
5. Green Detox Smoothie Recipe
6. Kid Friendly Green Smoothie
7. Green Protein Smoothie
8. Jungle Green Smoothie Bowl
9. Cinnamon Sweet Potato Almond Butter Smoothie
10. Dairy Free Chocolate Avocado Banana Smoothie
11. Tummy Slimming and Belly Fat Burnie Smoothie
12. Kale Maca Pear Banana Gluten Free Vegan Smoothie
13. Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
14. Mango Green Smoothie
15. Purple Monkey Smoothie
16. Protein Packed Power Smoothie
17. Strawberry Chia Seed Smoothie
18. Blueberry Almond Ginger Smoothie
19. Immune Boosting Smoothie
20. Frozen Smores Latte Protein Shake
21. Apple Pie Smoothie
22. Strawberry Basil Lime Smoothie
23. Spinach and Berries Power Smoothie
24. Watermelon Coconut Water Smoothie
25. Tropical Smoothie