The anti-properties of organic coconut oil are many: anti-viral, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial. It’s amazing that something found in nature can be so good for so much.
Organic Coconut Oil Uses
1. It can be consumed in the daily diet or used as an all natural beauty product for the skin and hair. I, personally, use it both ways mainly because I love the way I feel and look. I will go over how organic coconut oil can be used for personal care, oral health, for babies, general health and wellness, and applied externally to the skin.
2. For personal use, or as an effective beauty product, organic coconut oil can be used effectively as an eye cream for bags, wrinkles, and puffy eyes, as a head to toe moisturizer, as a preparation for the skin before and after shaving, as an effective deodorant, and hair conditioner.
I use it to moisturize my whole body after my morning shower. Occasionally, I will massage into my ends and leave in for 20 minutes before washing out. This protects my hair against split ends and just keeps it looking healthy. It really works great as an all day effective deodorant by adding some to baking soda and applying under the armpits.
3. I am going to brag about how great organic coconut oil is for oral health. I put a little on my toothbrush with some regular toothpaste every night when I brush my teeth and in the morning. My last dental appointment showed I had three cavities. Well, after having them taken cared of, my next dental visit six months later and after six months of brushing with organic coconut oil… no cavities. It really works.
4. Some other uses for personal care include: lip moisturizer, massage oil, make-up remover, all natural and safe personal lubricant, and body scrub when mixed with sugar and massaged into the skin, then rinsed off. It will also form a protective layer over cuts and scrapes while speeding up the healing process. Also excellent to stop the itching and burning associated with bug bites.
5. For mom and baby, it can be used as an effective nipple cream to help heal and nourish dry, sore, and cracked nipples due to breastfeeding. Mom can apply to baby’s bum to treat diaper rash. If the baby has cradle cap, applying it daily will help nourish the scalp and eliminate it. Breastfeeding moms can consume 3 1/2 tablespoons per day to enrich the milk supply.
6. Did I mention that it can be used to treat different skin conditions when applied externally and when taken internally. These include psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema. For general health and wellness, it will help the body to absorb minerals and vitamins, stimulate the metabolism, and help with digestive problems including irritable bowel syndrome and Crohn’s Disease.
The medium chain fatty acids in the coconut oil make it responsible for increasing the metabolism, giving you lots of energy, improve thyroid function, help the body to reduce fat, increase muscle, and assist with weight loss and controlling cravings. It will also help to level the blood sugar.
7. When taken internally, some more uses for coconut oil include: hot flashes, hemorrhoids, kills head lice, thrush, HIV, gallbladder pain, mononucleosis, painful menstruation, kills parasites, candida, autism, high cholesterol, chronic fatigue, circulation, depression, and give you a stronger immune system.
8. When applied topically, organic coconut oil helps with athlete’s foot, canker sores, herpes, genital warts, acne, and sore muscles. Wow!! Don’t worry, it’s easy to include it into your daily diet. Simply use it in place of butter and oil used for cooking, sauteing, baking, and in all recipes. I add to my coffee, tea, or fruit smoothie.
9. You can even feed to your pets, cats and dogs. It is just as healthy for them as it for you. It can be added to their water or food bowls every day. Who knew organic coconut oil can be good so many things and have so many uses. It’s something that can be easily found in any organic health food store or online. When are you getting yours?