I’ve really been working on cutting out sugar from my diet. Processed sugar contains no nutrients. It also contributes to Candida, brain fog, diabetes and obesity just to name a few issues over consumption of sugar cause. It’s also highly addictive. So when I wanted something sweet to eat I came across this easy banana bread recipe that I tweaked so that it would be sugar free. It’s also dairy and gluten free which is a plus. This chocolate banana bread recipe was simple to make and was so good it got 2 thumbs up from hubby and baby girl. Baby boy wasn’t as impressed but hey, 3 thumbs up out of 4 isn’t bad. He’s a picky eater anyway. LOL!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. grease a loaf pan.
2. Mash the bananas with a fork in a large bowl.
3. Add the agave, vanilla, and water. Mix well.
4. In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, cacao powder and salt together.
5. Pour the flour mixture into the bananas.
6. Pour batter into the loaf pan.
7. Bake for 60 minutes or until fork inserted into the bread comes out clean.
Let cool and enjoy!