Easy Pumpkin Seed Recipe
It is pumpkin carving season! We all know what that means, plenty of pumpkin seeds! Instead of throwing them away, give this pumpkin seed recipe a try. It’s pretty easy to make and is a fun activity that your kids will enjoy helping you bake and eat.
- Caramelized Spiced Nuts
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Blue Agave
- 1 tsp. salt
- Custom Garam Masala essential oil blend - 1 drop Cardamom , 1 drop Cinnamon, 1 drop Clove, 1 drop Cumin, toothpick dipped in Fennel, and toothpick dipped in Nutmeg
- 1 pound unsalted mixed nuts and seeds, such as almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 300° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together ¼ cup agave, salt, and essential oils in a medium-sized bowl, swirling the essential oil-dipped toothpicks in the mixture, then discarding toothpicks.
- Add the mixed nuts and stir together until nuts are evenly coated, adding more agave if needed.
- Spread nuts onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until nuts are dry and crisp.
- Cool nuts completely before serving.
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe to make with your kids?